The Friday sermon this week was on about a topic we may not want to hear about, but our Creator does, for our benefit – Hell.
- Why Allah tells us about Hell?
- Make us realize that Hell (like Paradise) is coming in the afterlife so we can be better prepared
- Compare our suffering here with what is to come so we complain less and prepare more
- Who is Hell for? Answer is in Quran 3:131
- Prison of the disgraced (Quran 3:192, 9:63)
- For losers (Quran 39:15)
- Eternal (Quran 25:66)
- Standing over Hell are 19 mighty and stern angels who never disobey Allah Who has created them (Quran 74:26-30)
- Allah calls them the ‘Guardians of Hell’ (Quran 40:49)
- Hell will accommodate many people and have room for more (Quran 50:30)
- Hell will be brought near on the Day of Resurrection (Quran 89:13)
- Variations in the degrees of heat in Hell and the levels of punishment (Quran 4:145)
- Hell has 7 gates (Quran 15:43-44)
- Gates of Hell will be opened and those destined for it will enter to stay forever (Quran 39:71)
May Allah protect us and our families and may knowing more about it produce positive fear that makes us better than ever.
Uncomfortable Truths Feature Image Credit: Howard Ignatius