‘We have not sent you O Muhammad except as rahma, as mercy to all the worlds.’ (21:107)
Describing himself, the Nabi ﷺ said,
‘Indeed, I am nothing more than a mercy that has been given as a gift (to all creatures).’ (Darimi)
Let us see at five ways in which our dear and beloved Nabi ﷺ was mercy throughout his life.
- Yearning for the people to be guided (Quran 18:6)
- Patience with the ignorant ones (Quran 7: 199)
- Nabi ﷺ was friendly and lenient
‘Kindness is not put into anything except that it beautifies it.’ (Muslim)
- Nabi ﷺ wanted good for others, be they Muslims, Jews, Christians, or Polytheists
‘If one is not merciful towards people, then Allah, the Possessor of Might and Majesty, will not be merciful towards him.’ (Muslim)
- Patience upon being harmed by the enemies
Nabi ﷺ said, ‘No, rather I hope that Allah will bring out from their descendants those who worship Allah alone, without associating any partners with Him.’ (Bukhari, Muslim)
May Allah make us follow the footsteps of our Prophet of Mercy ﷺ.
May Allah increase us in our love for our Prophet ﷺ.
Feature Image Credit: Flickr